151 Sixth Street, N.W.
O'Keefe Gymnasium, home of the Yellow Jacket volleyball team since 1995, is one of the premier volleyball facilities in the Southeast. The site is known for its rowdy atmosphere, excellent sight lines and loud acoustics.
Over the years, O'Keefe Gym has served multiple purposes. Originally utilized as the gymnasium for O'Keefe High School in the 1950's, the gym was given to Georgia Tech in the 1960's and served as the location for many club sports for the Institute.
Since 1995, the gym has undergone various renovation projects, including the addition of a new floor, which was installed following the 2003 season, and a new locker room, which was added prior to the 2006 season.
O'Keefe Gymnasium underwent a nearly $1 million dollar renovation in 2006, which included adding new home and visitors locker rooms, a coaches' lounge, training room, players' lounge and student-athlete study area to the facility. The Yellow Jackets' new lounge and locker room area is complete with leather couches, big-screen televisions, work stations and a pool table and serves as a location for team meetings before and after matches and practices.
It symbolizes the unmatched atmosphere and unparalleled excitement that engulfs O'Keefe Gymnasium during Georgia Tech volleyball matches.
The rowdy crowds, which ranked 27th in the nation and No. 1 in the Atlantic Coast Conference in attendance in 2007, follow each volley intently, rise to their feet and yell "POINT TECH" each time the Yellow Jackets score.
From the introductions to the pep band to post-match autographs, Georgia Tech is known for having the most loyal volleyball fans throughout the South.