May 21 'Dodd After Dark' Cancelled
Movie screening cancelled due to the field conditions after heavy rain the past 24 hours
THE FLATS -- "Dodd After Dark," a FLICKS Summer Movie Series, is back in 2016 with three movies, kicking off with Zootopia on Saturday, May 21.
UPDATE: The May 21 Dodd After Dark movie screening has been cancelled due to the field conditions after heavy rain the past 24 hours.
The next Dodd After Dark will be on Friday, July 8 on Historic Grant Field with Star Wars: the Force Awakens.
The summer series, which is free to the public, features:
- CANCELLED - "Zootopia" -- Saturday, May 21 at 9 p.m. ET at Mewborn Field
- "Star Wars" -- Friday, July 8 at Bobby Dodd Stadium
- "The Jungle Book" -- Saturday, July 30 at Bobby Dodd Stadium
Gates open will open one hour prior to the start of the movie and concessions will be available. Parking for will be provided for free on a first-come, first-served basis in the McCamish parking lot for the May 21 movie and in Peters Parking Deck for the two July dates.
2016 Georgia Tech Football season ticket holders will have a seating area reserved just for them on a first-come, first-served basis. A special email will be sent before each movie night that must be presented to access the reserved area.
Below is important information for fans attending `Dodd After Dark.' We will provide updates on RamblinWreck.com and on social media leading up to the movie nights.
Free parking will be provided to attendees on a first-come, first served basis in the following lots:
- Saturday, May 21: McCamish Parking Lot
- Friday, July 8: Peters Parking Deck
- Saturday, July 30: Peters Parking Deck
Access to the Dodd After Dark Summer Movie Series will only be allowed via the field tunnel off Callaway Plaza (adjacent to Gate 6). For Mewborn Field, access will be via the main entrance on 8th Street.
- Lawn chairs (cannot be taken on grass - only allowed on turf/concrete sidelines)
- Unopened bottles of water
- Bags (all bags will be searched upon entry)
- Strollers (Strollers will NOT be allowed on the field/sidelines and must be parked in a designated area just inside the stadium)
- Beverages (with the exception of unopened bottles of water)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Thermos bottles
- Ice bags
- Horns or other noisemakers
- Laser pointers
- Video cameras
- Cameras with lenses longer than 4"
- Large flags, banners or signs
- Any other items deemed dangerous or inappropriate by security
Limited concession snacks will be available, including popcorn, candy, bottled water and Coca-Cola products. Trash and recycling bins will be available around the perimeter of the field. We appreciate your help in keeping the field clean of trash/litter.
Guests can sit on the field (certain areas, including end zones, will be off-limits due to the sensitivity of the grass growing in the area), on the sidelines and in the Club Section only. Seating will not be allowed in other areas of the stadium at Bobby Dodd. All seating areas will be open at Mewborn.
Restrooms will be available via the Club section of Bobby Dodd Stadium. ADA-accessible restrooms will be available via the tunnel/north concourse. For Mewborn Field, restrooms will be available along the main concourse, behind the bleachers.
In the event of rain, guests attending the movie screening may be asked to sit in the stands to avoid damage to the field. Due to the safety of guests and staff, if lightning is in the immediate vicinity, the screening will be discontinued and will not be re-scheduled.
For the latest information on the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, follow us on Twitter (@GTAthletics), Facebook (facebook.com/GTAthletics), and Instagram (@GTAthletics) or visit us at www.ramblinwreck.com.