Purchase Tickets | Join the Grand Slam Club | 2018 GT Baseball Information Guide
Tuesday vs. Georgia Southern (6 p.m.): GT Game Notes | GS Game Notes | Video | Audio | Live Stats
THE FLATS - Georgia Tech will hit the road for the first time in 2018 this week, as the Yellow Jackets are slated for a midweek contest on Tuesday night, Feb. 20, versus Georgia Southern in Statesboro, Ga.
Follow The Action Live
* Tuesday night's contest will be video streamed live on ESPN3 and Watch ESPN (link is above).
* The 6 p.m. contest will also be broadcast live on WREK 91.1 FM radio and online at WREK.org.
* Live stats for each contest can be found above or on the baseball schedule page at RamblinWreck.com.
* Tuesday night's contest at Georgia Southern is the first road game of the season for the Yellow Jackets. Last season, Georgia Tech went 10-12 overall on the road with the first of those 10 wins coming by way of a 10-3 win over the Eagles in Statesboro, Ga.
* The Yellow Jackets enter Tuesday's midweek contest on a two-game skid. After defeating Minnesota 3-2 in the season opener, the Jackets dropped each of its next two contests to Bradley (10-7) and UConn (9-7) despite scoring seven runs in each game.
* Georgia Tech as a team combined to hit three home runs on opening weekend. Joey Bart and Tristin English both hit one home run in the loss to Bradley, while Bart doubled his season output with a solo shot versus UConn the following day.
* Georgia Tech has five different players that hit over .350 on opening weekend in Kyle McCann (.500), Joey Bart (.455), Luke Waddell (.400), Chase Murray (.385) and Wade Bailey (.357). The group of five combined to record 18 hits, drive in 10 RBIs and score nine runs over the first three games of the 2018 season.
* Senior Kel Johnson has fared well in his career against Georgia Southern, as the Tech outfielder and designated hitter has blasted six home runs in only five games versus the Eagles, including hitting three home runs in Tech's 10-3 win last year in Statesboro.
* Georgia Tech enters Tuesday night's looking to extend its current winning streak over Georgia Southern to eight-straight games having won seven-straight over the Eagles. The Jackets have swept Georgia Southern in each of the last three years and have not lost to the Eagles since a 4-3 loss on Feb. 19, 2014.
* Nine of Tech's first 10 games of the 2018 season are at home at Russ Chandler Stadium. The lone road contest is this Tuesday night at Georgia Southern in Statesboro, Ga.
* In Georgia Tech's seven-game winning streak over Georgia Southern, the Yellow Jackets averaged 10.9 runs per game and scored in double digits in four of those seven wins including scoring 10 and 12 runs, respectively, in the two wins over the Eagles last season.
The Yellow Jackets will then return home to host Dartmouth in a three-game non-conference weekend series on Feb. 23-25.