BILL CURRY YEAR BY YEAR
At Georgia Tech (31-43-4, 7 years) 1980 1-9-1 1981 1-10 1982 6-5 1983 3-8 3-2 ACC/3rd 1984 6-4-1 2-2-1 ACC/5th 1985 9-2-1 5-1 ACC/2nd All American Bowl (W) 1986 5-5-1 3-3 ACC/4th
GEORGIA TECH HIGHLIGHTS
* Named ACC Coach of the Year in 1985, when he led Tech to a 9-2-1 record, including a 5-1 mark in the ACC
* Guided the Jackets to a victory over heavily-favored Michigan State in the 1985 All-American Bowl for Tech's first bowl victory in more than a decade.
* Led Tech to a 3-3 tie against No. 1-ranked Notre Dame in 1980 and a victory at fourth-ranked Alabama in 1981 as well as back-to-back victories over nationallly-ranked Georgia teams in 1984-85.
* Scored an upset of 13th-ranked Clemson in 1984 that ended the Tigers 20-game ACC winning streak
* Coached all-America players Robert Lavette, John Davis and Pat Swilling
* Coached the Jackets to their first ACC victory, a 20-10 win at NC State in 1983
1976, Georgia Tech, assistant coach
1977-79, Green Bay Packers, assistant coach
1980-86, Georgia Tech, Head Coach
1987-89, Alabama Head Coach
1990-96, Kentucky, Head Coach
* Three-year letterwinner at Georgia Tech (1962-63-64)
* Played 10 years as a center in the National Football League with the Green Bay Packers (1965-66), Baltimore Colts (1967-72), Houston Oilers (1973) and Los Angeles Rams (1974)
* Played in three Super Bowls with the Packers and Colts
Birthdate: October, 21, 1942
Hometown: College Park, Ga.
Education: B.S. degree in Industrial Management, Georgia Tech, 1965