Saturday, Sept. 23, 2017 • 12:20 p.m. • Atlanta, Ga. • Bobby Dodd Stadium (55,000)
TV: ACC Network | Where To Watch (In Atlanta: CW69) | Watch Online
Radio: Georgia Tech IMG Sports Network | Where to Listen (In Atlanta: 680/93.7 The Fan) | Sirius 112 / XM 193| Listen Online | GT Gameday App | TuneIn
BUY TICKETS ONLINE | Hall of Fame Day | Wreckfest (9 a.m.): Hosted by 92.3 The Beat, featuring DJ Scream
Gameday Central | Game Notes/Depth Charts | 2017 GT Football Info Guide
• Fresh off an unexpected bye week due to the hurricane-induced cancellation of last Saturday's game at UCF, Georgia Tech (1-1, 0-0 ACC) takes a rested team into Saturday's Atlantic Coast Conference opener versus Pittsburgh (1-2, 0-0 ACC).
• After having just four days between its first two games of the season (a 42-41, double-overtime loss to Tennessee on Sept. 4 and a 37-10 win over Jacksonville State on Sept. 9), Georgia Tech will have 13 full days between the convincing win over JSU and Saturday's ACC lid-lifter against Pitt.
• Georgia Tech is 19-15 in conference openers since officially beginning ACC play in 1983. However, the Yellow Jackets are 7-2 in conference openers under head coach Paul Johnson. The Jackets' only defeats in ACC openers under Johnson came in 2012 (20-17 in OT at Virginia Tech) and 2015 (34-20 at Duke).
• Georgia Tech and Pitt are meeting for the 12th time overall and the fifth time as ACC opponents. The Panthers lead the all-time series, 7-4, but the teams have split their first four meetings as conference foes.
• The last two meetings have come right down to the wire, with Pitt winning the 2015 matchup on a 56-yard field goal with 1:11 to go in the game and last season's contest on a 31-yard field goal as time expired.
• Georgia Tech quarterback TaQuon Marshall, who has accounted for nine touchdowns (three passing, six rushing) in just two games, continues to be one of the top stories of the young 2017 college football season. The junior leads the nation in scoring (18.0 ppg) and ranks second nationally in points responsible for (27.0 ppg).