THE FLATS - As part of its annual Military Appreciation Day festivities, Georgia Tech athletics is offering discounted tickets, starting as low as $15, to military personnel for the Yellow Jackets’ pivotal football game versus nationally ranked Virginia Tech on Saturday, Nov. 11 at Bobby Dodd Stadium.
The discounted tickets (up to 40 percent off regular prices) are available to all United States active and reserve military personnel and veterans.
The best way to take advantage of the offer is to purchase tickets online at ramblinwreck.com/military.html. Purchasing online guarantees the ability to purchase the best seats available and to avoid long lines on gameday. Tickets are also available at the Bobby Dodd Stadium ticket windows (with valid ID and while supplies last).
Georgia Tech’s Military Appreciation Day will feature festivities celebrating our armed forces throughout the game, including:
- pregame skydivers;
- a very special playing of the national anthem, featuring a giant American flag presented by Georgia Tech student veteran groups and personnel from military bases throughout the region, as well as an ROTC Cadet Salute representing all branches of the U.S. military;
- a commemoration of the 100th anniversary of the ROTC;
- special recognitions throughout the game of Georgia Tech alumni that have served our country in the military;
- a salute to the Wounded Warrior Project;
- a swearing-in ceremony for the newest members of our armed forces at halftime.
Kickoff time for the Georgia Tech-Virginia Tech contest will be announced on Sunday, Nov. 5.