DATES OF IMPORTANCE
2013 Georgia Tech Football Parking Information(as of February 18, 2013)
SINGLE GAME PARKING INFORMATION COMING SOON
1. Click here for a map of the parking areas offered by the Athletic Association for the 2013 football season.
2. Season-long spots are still available within some Georgia Tech lots. Note that several of our lots have limited availability and will only be considered for customers achieving a minimum A-T point threshold. To purchase a season-long parking permit, you must contact the Georgia Tech Ticket Office (firstname.lastname@example.org / 404.894.5447). No season permits are available online. Season parking passes for single, personal vehicles range in price from $185-230 for all lots run by the Athletic Association. There will be additional charges assessed for those vehicles which cannot fit into a standard parking space, including those which tow items into parking areas. There are no full-season RV passes remaining for sale at this time.
Please note that, following the renewal deadline in March, we will begin filling our parking lots first based on availability, then on an A-T priority point order, and finally on a first-come, first-served basis. All orders placed after the renewal deadline have been filled on a first-come, first-served basis, within the confines of the minimum A-T point threshold.
3. A limited number of single game parking passes are available for five parking lots on and around Georgia Tech's campus. These include:
* Student Center parking lots/deck
* W24 parking lots
* A Deck (AT&T Deck on 3rd Street)
* B Deck (AT&T Deck adjacent to the College of Management off West Peachtree Street)
* C Deck (Centergy Deck off 5th Street)
4. All orders for single-game parking passes should be made online by clicking 2013 SINGLE GAME PARKING. If a lot does not sell out online prior to game day, patrons may pay upon arrival for the A, B and C Decks. No parking may be purchased on gameday at the Student Center and W24 Central Campus locations
5. Full-season RV parking is sold out for 2013, but RVs may park on a per-game basis along Tech Parkway beginning at 5 p.m. Friday. This area is controlled by the Georgia Tech Parking & Transportation Department, and costs are $30 per weekend. For the UGA game, fans may begin parking as early as 5 p.m. Wednesday. ALL single-game RV parking along Tech Parkway is first-come, first-served. There are NO pre-sales for RV parking in this area.
5b. Fans may also wish to consider RV parking in Atlantic Station, which has bus shuttles operating from three hours prior to the game until one hour after the game. Pickup/dropoff locations include the entrance to the Atlantic Station designated gameday parking area and along 3rd Street (between Spring and West Peachtree Streets). The stadium is two blocks from this dropoff point. For more information on this RV parking location, please visit the Atlantic Station RV Parking Information Page
6. Reserved handicapped parking areas are available along Cherry Street (off North Avenue) and along the east end of Ferst Drive, leading back toward the Student Center lots. This parking area is labeled W01 Reserved (in orange) on the 2013 football parking map. These spots are available on a season-long basis for $185 apiece. A valid handicap permit is required for the purchase and use of this area.
Single-game ADA parking is available along Ferst Drive adjacent to the Student Center (highlighted in orange on the map) and may only be purchased day of game at entry. A valid handicap permit is required to park in this area, and the cost is $20/game, which must be paid in cash.
7. GT will offer golf cart shuttles to fans requiring assistance at the following locations:
a. Service AMC lots
· Pick up: McCamish lot and O'Keefe East
· Drop off: Corner of Brittain and Bobby Dodd Way
b. East lots
· Pick up: Varsity Lot west of Spring Street.
· Drop off: Corner of Bobby Dodd Way and Techwood
c. Service W21 (rear of lot)
· Pick up: Front of lot W21 - travel past Klaus Deck to stadium.
· Drop off: Corner of Fowler and Bobby Dodd Way.
d. Service Student Center Area
· Pick up: Surface lot outside the Student Center Deck.
· Drop off: Corner of Fowler and Bobby Dodd Way, Gate 2 and Gate 3.
e. Service Ferst Drive Handicap Parking
· Pick up: At cars on Ferst Drive and at intersection of Ferst Drive and Cherry Street.
· Drop off: Northwest corner of Stadium (near gate 4) and Gates 2 and 3 (if requested).
8. GT will also offer a bus shuttle to fans requiring assistance, with stops at the following locations:
a. Gate 10
b. Gate 1
c. Cherry Street/Ferst Drive Intersection
d. Student Center/Ferst Center Lot Entrance
e. Tech Parkway (adjacent to W04E parking area)
SEASON PARKING INFORMATION
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
The parking renewal deadline is March 31, 2013. If you purchased a season parking pass from GTAA in 2012, parking is guaranteed for you in the parking location listed on your renewal form as long as it is either paid for in its entirety or set up on a payment plan by the March 31 deadline. (If the parking location listed is a tier - Gold, White or Value - please read the "Guaranteed Renewal Parking" note below.) After March 31, all unpaid parking orders will be removed from our system to prepare for the beginning of relocation and new order requests. New orders and relocation requests can be made at any time, simply by contacting the Georgia Tech Ticket Office (888.TECH.TIX or 404.894.5447) or online.
Processing of relocation requests and new parking orders will begin April 15, 2013 based on A-T priority point order. Any requests received after this date will also be processed in A-T priority point order, subject to remaining availability in lots. Please note that several lots fill quickly during this time.
All parking assignments will be completed according to A-T priority points based on ticket quantity. Please use the chart on the next page to make requests based on A-T priority points total. Please note that meeting the estimated A-T points requirement does not guarantee parking in these areas, only that you may qualify to park there.
LIFE MEMBERS OF THE ALEXANDER-THARPE FUND
Season Ticket Holders who are Life Members of the A-T Fund will receive one complimentary parking pass for the season when they renew their season tickets AND parking for the 2013 season. The parking pass will show up on the renewal form as a "comp." Please indicate on the form if you want to renew this parking pass or if you wish to inquire about a possible change.
GUARANTEED RENEWAL PARKING & CHANGE REQUESTS
Parking is guaranteed to any patron who (a) renews in the same location, (b) meets the guaranteed renewal point for that lot (shaded limits listed in the table to the right), and (c) purchases (or is on a payment plan) by the March 31 deadline. The goal is for those patrons with the highest number of A-T points to have the best parking available on gameday. To accomplish this, point limits have been set within each lot so that we can guarantee parking for those returning patrons. If the lot name is listed on your renewal form, this means the guaranteed renewal point was met. You will still need to renew by the March 31 deadline in order to obtain your parking spot.
For those patrons who are affected by this change or any that wish to alter their parking location and/or total quantity of passes, the following procedures are followed:
(a) If the parking pass is paid for by the March 31 deadline and you do not indicate a wish to change parking locations, we will automatically return you to your 2012 parking location if there is space remaining in this lot when we reach your points level as we work down the renewal list over the summer.
(b) If the parking pass is paid for by the March 31 deadline and you wish to change your parking location, we will automatically assign you to your first indicated choice if there is space remaining in this lot when we reach your points level as we work down the renewal list. If your first choice is not available, we will contact you for further direction on your preference, unless alternate parking locations have been indicated.
(c) [Only applicable if Gold, White, or Value listed on renewal form]
i. If we are unable to return your pass to the same parking area you parked in last year, you will be contacted over the summer for alternate options.
ii. If you have indicated a desire to move to an alternate location, we will automatically apply payment to that location if it is available. If it is unavailable, you will be contacted over the summer with alternate options.
b. If you wish to renew in your lot for 2013 but do not meet the guaranteed renewal point level, you may still park in that lot, based on point priority and availability. We request that you list alternate locations for parking should we be unable to grant your renewal requests.
c. If you have been placed in one of the three parking tiers, but choose not to purchase by the March 31 deadline, you will be contacted over the summer if you have indicated an interest in obtaining parking for the 2013 season.
REQUESTING A NEW PARKING PASS OR CHANGE IN PARKING LOCATION
To request a new parking pass or to change your parking location, you may list your preferences on the season ticket application form or in the space provided online when you submit your payment prior to the March 31 deadline. Please note the estimated minimum A-T points requirements when you list your preferences to assist us as we work through the requests. If your first preference is available, we will place you in that location for 2013. If not, we will contact you during the summer to discuss the options available to you. If you decide not to park with us, you will be reimbursed for your parking payment.
REMOVING A PARKING PASS
To remove a parking pass from your account, contact the Georgia Tech Ticket Office and/or Christie Rink in the Game Operations department. Please note that we will remove any parking passes that are not renewed and paid for by the March 31 deadline to make room for those patrons requesting new and/or additional parking passes. If you have multiple parking passes and wish to remove only one or a portion of your order, please note which pass(es) you wish to remove when returning the renewal application or by contacting the Georgia Tech Ticket Office.
Everyone who parked in ADA parking areas in 2012 is guaranteed parking in the same area for 2013 if they (a) renew by the March 31 deadline, and (b) send a copy of their ADA sticker (with expiration date) to the Georgia Tech Ticket Office. GTAA will not remove your parking unless you neglect to submit both of these items by the March 31 deadline. Once this date has passed, we will begin filling the remaining spaces in these areas with other ADA patrons that have requested to park in these locations.
Although RV parking locations have been in flux over the last few years, we are pleased to announce there will only be minor adjustments for the 2013 season - and these are ones our returnees have requested!
For the majority of our RV locations, the price remains unchanged, with the exception of our primary RV parking location (W04), which will see a slight increase in price to accommodate a few specific requests.
As noted last year, our plans are to maintain the currently-utilized RV parking locations of the W03-Student Center, TRV-Techwood Drive, W21 and W24 RV areas, and these lots are only available for returning RV customers who parked in these areas in 2013. The RV patrons who parked in these locations in 2012 with a valid RV parking pass are welcome to return to the same location for 2013, provided the renewal information is received by the March 31 deadline. The spaces in these areas that are not renewed by the deadline will instead be used for general car parking as we move forward.
W04E RV customers will pay a slightly higher amount for the special accommodations they receive for parking in this location. For the 2013 football season, these accommodations include:
- Guaranteed access to the lot Friday afternoons. This lot will continue to be posted each Friday for parking in the afternoon. The other RV locations will not be available until after 6 p.m. each Friday evening.
- Overnight lot security both Friday and Saturday evenings.
- The ability to purchase up to ONE (1) $180 general car pass to park additional vehicles in this lot on gamedays. (No general car passes may be purchased in this area except by those patrons also purchasing RV passes).
Once the renewal deadline has passed, we will begin the process of filling empty spaces within the W04E lot with any new patrons that have requested RV parking. All potentially new RV customers may request RV parking on the application/renewal form or online, and all of these requests will be processed based on AT priority point order after May 1.
One final note regarding RV parking: All RVs must be removed from lots by 7:30 a.m. Monday.
|Printer-friendly format||Email this article|