Georgia Tech Track & Field Set For Outdoor ACC Championships
Action begins Thursday in Raleigh, N.C.
April 17, 2013
|Georgia Tech Track & Field at the 2013 ACC Outdoor Championships|
|When||Thursday, April 18 - Saturday, April 20|
|Where||Paul H. Derr Track in Raleigh N.C.|
@ACCTrackField | #ACCOTF | Facebook Event
THE FLATS – The Georgia Tech track and field team is set to compete at the ACC Outdoor Championships Thursday - Saturday hosted by North Carolina State in Raleigh, N.C. at Paul H. Derr Track.
Action begins Thursday with the field events at 10 a.m. and the running events begin at 6 p.m. Friday’s slate of events begins at 10:30 a.m. with the men’s javelin and the women’s high jump opens Saturday’s action at 1 p.m.
Live coverage for the three-day ACC Championships is available on www.theACC.com. The coverage schedule is:
Thursday, April 18: 6-9 p.m.
Friday, April 19: 5-8:30 p.m.
Saturday, April 20: 4-8 p.m.
Georgia Tech Outdoor Highlights
- Jhanelle McLeod set a new Georgia Tech triple jump record at the Florida Relays (43’11¼) – it’s the best mark in collegiate track and field this season.
- Julienne McKee set a new Georgia Tech long jump record at the Georgia Relays (20’9).
- Brandon Lasater was named the USTFCCCA National Athlete of the Week (April 8) for his come-from-behind kick at the Florida Relays.
- Cole Jackob, Zack Fanelty, Jeremy Greenwald and Brandon Lasater own the second fastest 4x800-meter relay time (7:22.37) in collegiate track and field this season.
- Aaron Unterberger has placed first in the pole vault in every meet he competed in during the outdoor season.
Georgia Tech Among ACC Leaders (as of April 15)
Brandon Lasater – 800 meters – 1:48.34
Julienne McKee – Long Jump – 20’9”
Jonathan Gardner – Triple Jump – 52’3¾”
Jhanelle McLeod – Triple Jump – 43’11¼”