THE FLATS -- Georgia Tech women's basketball returns to Atlanta on Sunday to host No. 2 Notre Dame at 2 p.m. on ACC Network Extra.
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (12-4, 1-2 ACC) vs No. 2 Notre Dame (14-1, 3-0 ACC)
Georgia Tech Game Notes | Notre Dame Game Notes
TV: ACC Network Extra
Promotions: Canned Food Drive -- Donate a canned good to receive free admission
STARTING FIVE AGAINST NOTRE DAME
1. Georgia Tech returns to McCamish Pavilion to host No. 2 Notre Dame in the first meeting of the home-and-home series this season. The game will be available on ACC Network Extra.
2. The Jackets and Fighting Irish have met eight times in program history with Notre Dame leading the all-time series, 8-0. Notre Dame has taken all four meetings in Atlanta.
3. The Jackets will look to bounce back from its first ACC road contest, falling at Syracuse on Thursday, 88-77. Francesca Pan set a new personal-best with 26 points behind 5-of-11 shooting from three-point range.
4. Georgia Tech is led in scoring this season by Francesca Pan who is averaging 13.9 points per game. Elo Edeferioka continues to lead the Jackets on the boards, pulling down 6.1 rpg.
5. Head coach MaChelle Joseph is in her 15th season on The Flats and carries an all-time career record of 286-181. Joseph is the all-time winningest coach in program history and holds the highest winning percentage in Yellow Jacket history at 60.9 percent.
A WIN WOULD....
-Be the first-ever program win over Notre Dame and snap an eight-game streak the Fighting Irish hold over the Jackets
-Mark the first win over a top-25 team since Tech defeated No. 24 Syracuse last season on Jan. 15, 2017
-Be the first win over a top-10 program since Jan. 6, 2011 when the Jackets defeated No. 8 North Carolina, 71-70
-Mark the 287th win of Coach Joseph's career
-Be the 662nd all-time program win in Georgia Tech women's basketball history and move the Yellow Jackets to 662-604 overall
Georgia Tech and Notre Dame first met in 1996 as part of the Comfort Inn Downtown Classic in Atlanta. The Fighting Irish have been ranked in the top 10 in all eight meetings in program history and come into Sunday's contest carrying a No. 2 national ranking - marking the third time the Jackets will meet the Fighting Irish ranked No. 2. Tech has hosted Notre Dame in Atlanta four times in the all-time series.