THE FLATS -- Georgia Tech meets NC State for a midweek matchup in Raleigh on Wednesday at 7 p.m. to open a two-game road swing. The teams will faceoff on ACC Network Extra.
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (12-5, 1-3 ACC) at NC State Wolfpack (12-5, 1-3 ACC)
Georgia Tech Game Notes | NC State Game Notes
TV: ACC Network Extra
STARTING FIVE AGAINST NC STATE
1. Georgia Tech plays the next two games on the road, starting with a visit to NC State on Wednesday at 7 p.m. The game will be available on ACC Network Extra.
2. The Jackets and Wolfpack have met 68 times in program history with NC State leading the all-time series, 45-23. NC State also leads the series 21-8 in Raleigh.
3. The Jackets will look to bounce back from a pair of losses, most recently to No. 2 Notre Dame on Sunday. Kaylan Pugh led the Jackets against the Fighting Irish with 17 points.
4. Georgia Tech is led in scoring this season by Francesca Pan who is averaging 13.8 points per game. Elo Edeferioka continues to lead the Jackets on the boards, pulling down 6.2 rpg.
5. Head coach MaChelle Joseph is in her 15th season on The Flats and carries an all-time career record of 286-182. Joseph is the all-time winningest coach in program history and holds the highest winning percentage in Yellow Jacket history at 60.9 percent.
A WIN WOULD....
-Be the first win over NC State since 2013 and snap a four-game win streak the Wolfpack hold coming into Wednesday's matchup
-Move the all-time series against NC State to 45-24 and mark the ninth win in Raleigh
-Mark the 287th win of Coach Joseph's career
-Be the 662nd all-time program win in Georgia Tech women's basketball history and move the Yellow Jackets to 662-609 overall
Georgia Tech and NC State first met in 1980 and have met 68 times since with the Wolfpack leading the all-time series 45-23. NC State took the first 16 meetings before Tech grabbed a decision in 1988. NC State has taken the last four meetings against Tech with the Jackets last winning on Feb. 17, 2013 in Raleigh, 79-70. Last season, the Jackets nearly upset then-ranked No. 17 Wolfpack, taking them to overtime before falling 75-67. Zaire O'Neil poured in a game-high 28 points last season with Imani Tilford adding 12 points for the only two Jackets to reach double-figures. Tech won the rebounding battle, 50-38, behind a team-high nine boards from O'Neil. NC State was 7-of-20 from three-point range to Tech's 1-of-9 effort and also finished 20-of-27 from the charity stripe (Tech went 16-of-22).