@GTWBB Hosts Boston College at 3 pm
The Yellow Jackets and Eagles will play at 3 pm Sunday on RSN
Georgia Tech Game Notes • Boston College Game Notes • 2015-16 Info Guide • Season Statistics • Buy Tickets
- Georgia Tech hosts Boston College at McCamish Pavilion Sunday afternoon at 3 p.m. on Fox Sports South/RSN with Jenn Hildreth and LaChina Robinson on the call. The game can also be heard on WREK 91.1 with Richard Musterer and Fallon Stokes. Sunday is National Girls and Women in Sports Day and all kids 18 and under get in free.
- This is the 14th all-time meeting between Georgia Tech and Boston College. The Yellow Jackets have won five of the six past meetings, including two-straight and last year’s meeting in Boston (80-77).
- Senior Aaliyah Whiteside leads the ACC with her 21.3 points per game which also is 15th in the nation. She is also Tech’s leading rebounder with 7.5 boards per game, which is eighth in the ACC. She has scored at least 21 points in 15 of 21 games and had four-straight double-doubles this season. She scored her 1,000th career point against Southeastern Louisiana.
- The Yellow Jackets are shooting 74.1 percent from the free throw line which is second best in the ACC. Whiteside leads the team in free throw percentage with 83.5 percent (142-170). Whiteside’s 142 made free throws are second in the nation and her 164 free throw attempts are third in the NCAA. Whiteside is shooting 83.9 percent (26-31) from the charity stripe when fouled in the final five minutes of the game.
- Head coach MaChelle Joseph became the all-time winningest coach in Georgia Tech women’s basketball history last year and has a career record of 244-158 and the highest winning percentage in Yellow Jacket history at 61.0 percent. She is currently in her 13th season at the helm of the Jackets and is 89-100 in her career in ACC play.
Senior Aaliyah Whiteside has proved night in and night out that she is an all-around team player. Whiteside has scored 31 points in two ACC games this season (at NC State and at Clemson). Whiteside has scored in double-figures in every game besides one this season and she has hit the double digit mark before half time in 13 out of 21 games. Whiteside has led the Jackets in scoring in 15 games and in rebounding in 11 games.
Whiteside leads the Jackets in three stat categories - points (21.3), rebounds (7.5) and assists (3.0). She leads the ACC in scoring and has a league-high 15 20+ point games. Her 7.5 rebounds per game rank seventh in the ACC. Whiteside is also leading the conference in scoring in just ACC games with 23.3 points per game. She is also grabbing 7.4 rebounds per game against ACC opponents which is eighth in the conference.