THE FLATS -- Georgia Tech women's basketball begins a two-game road swing at No. 19 Duke on Thursday. Tip inside Cameron Indoor Stadium is slated for 7 p.m. on ACC Network Extra.
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (13-9, 2-7 ACC) at No. 19 Duke (17-5, 6-3 ACC)
Georgia Tech Game Notes | Duke Game Notes
TV: ACC Network Extra
STARTING FIVE AGAINST DUKE
1. After a brief stint at home, Georgia Tech returns to the road for the next two games, kicking off the road swing at Duke on Thursday on ACC Network Extra.
2. The Jackets and Blue Devils have met 69 times since first meeting in 1979. Duke leads the all-time series 60-9 despite Tech winning two of the past three meetings. Duke leads the series when meeting in Durham, 28-3.
3. The Jackets will look to get back to winning ways and pick up their second straight win at Duke on Thursday. Tech took the last meeting at Duke in 2016, marking the first win in Durham in over 20 years.
4. Georgia Tech is led in scoring this season by Francesca Pan who is averaging 13.0 points per game. Elo Edeferioka continues to lead the Jackets on the boards, pulling down 6.6 rpg.
5. Head coach MaChelle Joseph is in her 15th season on The Flats and carries an all-time career record of 287-186. Joseph is the all-time winningest coach in program history and holds the highest winning percentage in Yellow Jacket history at 60.9 percent.
A WIN WOULD....
-Be the second straight win over Duke in Cameron Indoor Stadium and be the fourth in Durham in program history
-Be Tech's 7th program win over Duke in series history
-Mark the first win over a top-25 team since Tech defeated No. 24 Syracuse last season on Jan. 15, 2017
-Be the first win over a top-10 program since Jan. 6, 2011 when the Jackets defeated No. 8 North Carolina, 71-70
-Mark the 288th win of Coach Joseph's career
-Be the 663rd all-time program win in Georgia Tech women's basketball history and move the Yellow Jackets to 663-613 overall
Georgia Tech picked up its first program win over Duke in 1982 before the Blue Devils claimed the next 12. Duke went on a 37-game win streak after Tech recorded its seventh win over the Blue Devils before notching another win in 2015 in Atlanta. The Jackets took the following year's meeting in Durham before dropping last year's decision in Atlanta. Francesca Pan led Tech last season with 23 points against Duke, nearly missing a double-double with nine rebounds. Kaylan Pugh added 17 points as the Jackets picked up 36 points off the bench. Duke shot 54.0 percent (27-50) from the field, while Tech shot 36.4 percent (24-66).