Jackets Welcome Pittsburgh for Sunday Matinee
Georgia Tech women's basketball plays Pittsburgh at 2 p.m. Sunday on ACC Network Extra
Parking: Georgia Tech will be hosting 16 home events this weekend. Fans are asked to follow these instructions for parking at the events to ensure the best experience.
Georgia Tech Game Notes | Pittsburgh Game Notes
Radio: WREK 91.1
TV: ACC Network Extra
THE FLATS -- Georgia Tech women's basketball opens its final homestand of the regular season on Sunday, welcoming Pittsburgh for a 2 p.m. game.
THE STARTING FIVE...
1. Georgia Tech returns to McCamish Pavilion for its final two home games of the regular season this week. Fans can listen live on WREK 91.1/WREK.org or watch on ACC Network Extra.
2. The teams stand tied 2-2 in the all-time series history after the Jackets took last year's meeting in Pittsburgh. Both teams have won their respective road wins dating back to the first meeting in 1999.
3. Georgia Tech looks to snap a three-game skid on Sunday after dropping a heart-breaker at North Carolina Thursday. The Jackets led by two with less than 30 seconds to play, but a desperation three from the Tar Heels was enough for the win.
4. Zaire O'Neil posted her second double-double of the season with 16 points and 10 rebounds. Francesca Pan led the Jackets with 18 points, while Elo Edeferioka was two points shy of a double-double with 11 rebounds and eight points.
5. Head coach MaChelle Joseph is in her 14th season on The Flats and carries an all-time career record of 266-174. Joseph is the all-time winningest coach in program history and holds the highest winning percentage in Yellow Jacket history at 61.4 percent.
A WIN WOULD...
-Move Georgia Tech to 15-12 on the season and push its home record to 10-5
-Give Georgia Tech the edge in the all-time series, 3-2
-Mark the first win in Atlanta over Pittsburgh for Georgia Tech
-Mark Coach Joseph's 267th career win at Georgia Tech and give Georgia Tech its 642nd all-time program win
LAST TIME THEY MET
Pittsburgh and Georgia Tech met last season in Pittsburgh with the Jackets taking the decision, 66-60, evening the all-time series record to 2-2. Both teams have taken their respective road wins in the series that dates back to the first meeting in 1999. Katarina Vuckovic led the Jackets with 18 points in the game followed by Zaire O'Neil with 16 points. Both teams shot over 45.0 percent from the field. Pitt won the battle on the glass, 30-27.
LAST TIME OUT
Georgia Tech looked to get back to winning ways at North Carolina last week, but a late rally and a plethora of triples from the Tar Heels sank the Jackets. Tech went ahead by two off free throws with 6.5 seconds to play, but a desperation three-pointer from UNC's Jamie Cherry from 30-feet put the Tar Heels ahead by one point with 2.0 seconds to play. Zaire O'Neil notched her second double-double of the season with 16 points and 10 rebounds, while Francesca Pan led the Jackets with 18 points and Elo Edeferioka led on the boards with 11 rebounds.