THE FLATS -- Earning the No. 10 seed in the 2018 ACC Women's Basketball Tournament, Georgia Tech is set to open action on Wednesday facing 15th-seeded Clemson. Tip in Greensboro Coliseum is slated for 3:30 p.m. on RSN.
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (17-12, 6-10 ACC) vs CLEMSON (11-18, 1-15 ACC)
Georgia Tech Game Notes | Clemson Game Notes
TV: RSN, ACC Network Extra
STARTING FIVE AGAINST CLEMSON
1. Georgia Tech, seeded 10th, opens the 2018 ACC Tournament on Wednesday facing 15th-seeded Clemson. Tip is slated for 3:30 p.m. on RSN, locally on Fox Sports South in Atlanta.
2. The Jackets swept the Tigers in the regular season, winning both matchups of the home-and-home series. The conference foes have met six times in the ACC Tournament with Clemson leading the series, 4-2. Tech took the last meeting in the tournament against Clemson, back in 2015 in the first round.
3. The Jackets closed the regular season winners of four of the final six games. During that stretch, Francesca Pan averaged 16.7 ppg and freshman Kierra Fletcher pitched in 10.0 ppg. Elo Edeferioka pulled down 8.0 rpg on average during the stretch, while Fletcher added 6.3 rpg.
4. Georgia Tech is led in scoring this season by Francesca Pan who is averaging 13.8 points per game. Elo Edeferioka continues to lead the Jackets on the boards, pulling down 6.7 rpg.
5. Head coach MaChelle Joseph is in her 15th season on The Flats and carries an all-time career record of 291-189. Joseph is the all-time winningest coach in program history and holds the highest winning percentage in Yellow Jacket history at 60.9 percent.
A WIN WOULD....
-Complete a trio of wins over Clemson during the 2017-18 season
-Advance the Jackets to the second round where they will face 7th-seeded Virginia on Thursday at 6 p.m. on RSN
-Move the Jackets to 8-6 overall when competing in the first round of the ACC Tournament
-Move Coach Joseph's record in the ACC Tournament to 13-14 overall
-Mark the 292nd win of Coach Joseph's career
-Be the 667th all-time program win in Georgia Tech women's basketball history and move the Yellow Jackets to 667-616 overall
Georgia Tech and Clemson first met in 1980 and have met 81 times since Jan. 31, 1980. Tech has taken 24 of the past 27 meetings against the Tigers dating back to 2006. Tech has taken both meetings this season against the Tigers, a 66-33 victory at home and a 60-48 triumph in Clemson in February. In the two meetings combined, three Jackets averaged double-figures led by Francesca Pan who averaged 13.5 ppg against the Tigers. Kierra Fletcher added 10.5 ppg, while Elo Edeferioka contributed 10.0 ppg.