THE FLATS -- For the fifth consecutive season, the Georgia Tech women's basketball team extends its season into postseason play. The Jackets open the 2018 WNIT on Thursday night hosting Bethune-Cookman in round one. Tipoff is slated for 7 p.m. on ACC Network Extra.
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (18-13) vs Bethune-Cookman (24-6)
Georgia Tech Game Notes | Bethune-Cookman Game Notes
TV: ACC Network Extra
-First 500 fans will receive a FREE t-shirt
-A flat screen TV will be raffled off for all Georgia Tech students that register at the marketing table
STARTING FIVE AGAINST BETHUNE-COOKMAN
1. Georgia Tech makes its 11th postseason appearances in 12 years after earning an at-large bid to the 2018 WNIT. The Jackets host Bethune-Cookman in the first round on Thursday. The game will be available on ACC Network Extra.
2. The Jackets and Wildcats meet for the first time in program history Thursday night. Tech is making its fourth-straight appearance in the WNIT and eighth overall. Through seven postseason WNIT appearances, the Jackets own a 12-6 record.
3. Last season, Tech advanced to the WNIT championship game, meeting Michigan. The Jackets fell in the championship in triple overtime.
4. Georgia Tech earned the 10-seed in the ACC tournament and defeated Clemson in the first round before falling to Virginia in the second round. The Jackets come into postseason play with an 18-13 overall record.
5. Head coach MaChelle Joseph is in her 15th season on The Flats and carries an all-time career record of 292-190. Joseph is the all-time winningest coach in program history and holds the highest winning percentage in Yellow Jacket history at 60.9 percent.
A WIN WOULD....
-Be the first program win over Bethune-Cookman in history
-Advance the Jackets to the second round of the WNIT where they would face the winner of the UAB/Chattanooga matchup
-Move the Jackets to 13-6 overall when competing in the WNIT
-Mark the 293rd win of Coach Joseph's career
-Be the 668th all-time program win in Georgia Tech women's basketball history and move the Yellow Jackets to 668-617 overall
Thursday marks the first-ever program meeting between Bethune-Cookman and Georgia Tech.