THE FLATS – The Georgia Tech women’s basketball team will make its first appearance of 2017-18 on Sunday when it hosts Union University in an exhibition contest at McCamish Pavilion.
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (0-0) vs. Union University Lady Bulldogs (0-0)
Georgia Tech Game Notes | Union Game Notes
TV: ACC Network Extra
Parking: Available in McCamish Parking lot
Promotions: Any patrons who donate a toy for the Bimini Toy drive will receive free admission.
1. Georgia Tech makes its first appearance of the 2017-18 season on Sunday hosting Union (Tenn.) in an exhibition game at McCamish Pavilion. The game can be viewed on ACC Network Extra.
2. The Yellow Jackets and Lady Bulldogs have never met in program history.
3. Georgia Tech returns nine letterwinners from last season’s squad that went 22-15 overall and reached the title game of the WNIT. The Yellow Jackets took Michigan to triple overtime in the championship, but fell in the final period.
4. Amongst Tech’s nine returning letterwinners is the reigning ACC Freshman of the Year, Francesca Pan. The Italian native made Georgia Tech history becoming just the second player in program history to earn the prestigious honor. Pan finished as Tech’s second leading scorer last season, averaging 11.5 ppg.
5. Head coach MaChelle Joseph is in her 15th season on The Flats and carries an all-time career record of 274-177. Joseph is the all-time winningest coach in program history and holds the highest winning percentage in Yellow Jacket history at 60.9 percent.
Georgia Tech returns nine letterwinners from last season’s squad and welcomes five newcomers including four freshmen and a graduate transfer. The Jackets return 85% of its scoring from last season and 81% of its rebounding.