THE FLATS -- The Georgia Tech women's basketball team faces a quick turnaround from its season-opener, welcoming SC State to McCamish Pavilion on Sunday for the first home game of the season.
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (1-0) vs. South Carolina State Bulldogs (0-0)
Georgia Tech Game Notes | SC State Game Notes
TV: ACC Network Extra
1. After kicking off the season on the road on Friday, the Georgia Tech women's basketball team returns to Atlanta to open the home slate this afternoon against SC State. The matchup will be broadcast on ACC Network Extra.
2. This afternoon's meeting between Tech and SC State marks the first in program history.
3. Georgia Tech returns nine letterwinners from last season's squad that went 22-15 overall and reached the title game of the WNIT. The Yellow Jackets took Michigan to triple overtime in the championship, but fell in the final period.
4. Tech opened the season at Appalachian State on Friday. The Jackets started the season 1-0 for the fifth-straight campaign as three Jackets scored in double-figures to fuel the victory. A total of 11 different Jackets contributed offensively in the win.
5. Head coach MaChelle Joseph is in her 15th season on The Flats and carries an all-time career record of 275-177. Joseph is the all-time winningest coach in program history and holds the highest winning percentage in Yellow Jacket history at 60.9 percent.
A WIN WOULD....
-Mark the first win over SC State in program history
-Be the fifth-straight season the Jackets have opened the season 2-0
-Mark the 276th win of Coach Joseph's career
-Be the 651st all-time program win in Georgia Tech women's basketball history and move the Yellow Jackets to 651-604 overall
LAST TIME THEY MET
This afternoon's meeting marks the first in program history between Georgia Tech and SC State.