BIMINI, BAHAMAS -- The Georgia Tech women's basketball returns to Bimini, Bahamas to take part in the 15th Annual Junkanoo Jam during Thanksgiving week. The Jackets will play two games in Bimini, opening with Penn on Thursday at 5:15 p.m. Tech will either face Baylor or Missouri State in game two either Friday or Saturday.
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (5-0) vs. Penn Quakers (1-1)
Georgia Tech Game Notes | Penn Game Notes
1. Georgia Tech plays its third game in five days when it opens the 15th annual Junkanoo Jam facing Penn on Thursday at 5:15 p.m. The tournament will be available via FloHoops.
2. Tech is making its second-straight appearance in the Junkanoo Jam having taken part in the tournament last season. The Jackets captured the Freeport Division with victories over Dayton and Missouri.
3. Georgia Tech has opened the 2017-18 season with five wins, marking the second straight season Tech has opened 5-0. The Jackets opened 6-0 last season.
4. Tech renews a series with Penn in the Bahamas having met the Quakers twice in program history, but not since 1983. Both meetings have taken place on neutral ground with the Jackets capturing both.
5. Head coach MaChelle Joseph is in her 15th season on The Flats and carries an all-time career record of 279-177. Joseph is the all-time winningest coach in program history and holds the highest winning percentage in Yellow Jacket history at 60.9 percent.
A WIN WOULD....
-Move the series history against Penn to 3-0 in favor of Georgia Tech
-Be the second-straight season the Jackets have opened the season 6-0
-Make the Jackets 3-0 in Bimini having won a pair of games last season in the Junkanoo Jam and 5-0 in the Bahamas overall (Tech participated in the Bahamas Sunsplash Shootout in Nassau in 2011 and won two games)
-Be the second win over an Ivy League opponent this season as Tech defeated Princeton over the weekend
-Mark the 280th win of Coach Joseph's career
-Be the 655th all-time program win in Georgia Tech women's basketball history and move the Yellow Jackets to 655-604 overall
WELCOME TO PARADISE
Georgia Tech faces its second Ivy League opponent in the same week meeting Penn on Thursday to open the 15th annual Junkanoo Jam. Tech took part in the Junkanoo Jam last season and captured the Freeport Division title with wins over Dayton and Missouri. Tech will either face Baylor or Missouri State in the second game of the tournament on either Friday or Saturday. The championship game takes place at 2 p.m. on Saturday.