Women's Basketball Returns to Action Saturday Welcoming Georgia State
The Yellow Jackets and Panthers tipoff at 2 p.m. in McCamish Pavilion
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (6-1) vs. Georgia State Panthers (4-3)
Georgia Tech Game Notes | Georgia State Game Notes
Radio: WREK 91.1
THE FLATS -- Georgia Tech women's basketball continues this four-game homestand Saturday welcoming Georgia State at 2 p.m.
THE STARTING FIVE...
1. Georgia Tech continues this four-game homestand Saturday welcoming Georgia State to McCamish Pavilion for the first time since 2010. Fans can listen live on WREK 91.1/WREK.org.
2. Georgia Tech leads Georgia State in the all-time series 24-11 with the last meeting taking place in 2011 at GSU Sports Arena. Tech has won the last 13 contests and 18 of the last 19.
3. Georgia Tech dropped its first game of the season in its last outing, falling to Michigan in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge. Imani Tilford led the Yellow Jackets with 15 points, pushing the junior's streak of scoring in double-figures to three games.
4. Zaire O'Neil and Francesca Pan are leading the Yellow Jackets offensively on the season, both averaging 11.9 points per game. Pan was tabbed the ACC Rookie of the Week following the Junkanoo Jam.
5. Head coach MaChelle Joseph is in her 14th season on The Flats and carries an all-time career record of 258-163. Joseph is the all-time winningest coach in program history and holds the highest winning percentage in Yellow Jacket history at 60.9 percent.
A WIN WOULD...
-Move Georgia Tech to 7-1 on the season and push its home record to 4-1
-Improve Tech's record to 25-11 over Georgia State
-Make Georgia Tech 2-0 against teams located in Georgia on the season
-Push Tech's non-conference record under Joseph to 146-40
-Mark Coach Joseph's 259th career win at Georgia Tech and give Georgia Tech its 634th all-time program win
LAST TIME THEY MET
Today's meeting marks the 36th between the cross-town rivals and Tech leads the all-time series 24-11. The Yellow Jackets and Panthers last met on Dec. 16, 2011 in GSU Sports Arena with Tech taking the decision 85-50. Four Yellow Jackets registered double-figures as Tech shot 50.0 percent from the field to Georgia State's 29.6 percent effort.
LAST TIME OUT
Georgia Tech dropped its first contest of the 2016-17 season, falling to Michigan in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge in McCamish Pavilion. Tech was limited to a 29.3 percent shooting efficiency as two Yellow Jackets registered double-figures led by Imani Tilford with 15 points. Michigan shot 50.0 percent from the field and 74.1 percent from the free throw line, going 20-of-27 at the charity stripe. The Wolverines won the rebounding battle, 44-38, marking the fourth time this season Tech has been outrebounded. Michigan outscored Georgia Tech in the paint, 50-22.