@GTVolleyball Takes Down Pacific 3-1
Rebecca Martin tallied 2,500th career assist
AUBURN, Ala. – Senior setter Rebecca Martin tallied her 2,500th career assist in the Georgia Tech volleyball (2-0) team’s 3-1 victory against Pacific (1-1) Saturday at the War Eagle Invite.
How It Happened
Georgia Tech won set one 25-23, and in set two Tech came back from a 17-11 deficit to win game two 26-24. Pacific escaped with a set three win, 25-23, to force a fourth frame. Another close set, the Jackets held on to win the fourth game 25-21 and take the match 3-1.
“It was another team effort this morning with lots of players stepping in and making plays,” head coach Michelle Collier said. “London Ackermann had a great match for us. She was very consistent. We’ve got a short turn around before playing Furman who has played well in this tournament. We are looking forward to another opportunity to get better.
“Rebecca Martin has been an important part of our offense for years now. She works really hard to get better for her and for the team. I am very proud of her bench mark. It's a great way to start her senior season.”
- Rebecca Martin tallied her 2,500th career assist making her one of nine Yellow Jackets to accomplish the feat in their careers.
- Annika Van Gunst led the team with 16 kills and added 11 digs for her first double-double of the season. She added six block assists to lead the team.
- Teegan Van Gunst tallied 13 kills with 16 digs for her second double-double in as many matches.
- Ashley Askin added eight kills while Lauren Pitz had six with four block assists.
- London Ackermann held down the back row with 28 digs – one off of her career best.
- The Jackets out-blocked the Tigers 11 to 8.5.
The Jackets wrap up the War Eagle Invite this evening with a 6 p.m. ET match against Furman.
For the latest information on the Georgia Tech volleyball team, follow us on Twitter (@GTVolleyball), Instagram (GTVolleyball), Facebook (Georgia Tech Volleyball) or visit us at www.ramblinwreck.com.