Degree Communication and Completion
If you are a former scholarship Georgia Tech student-athlete and have not completed your undergraduate degree, we might be able to help. Student Athletes seeking aid beyond the 5th year from their matriculation term (term when you started college) may be eligible to receive additional aid towards tuition/fees/books*. This aid must be approved by the GTAA at least one month prior to term start date (by Program Administrator and Head Coach). This aid is available on a reimbursement basis only. This means the student is responsible for all upfront payment with the Institute. GTAA will reimburse the student only tuition/fees/books for degree applicable classes where the student completes the class with a grade of "C" or higher. In general, aid dollar amount is based on the average GTAA aid (in dollars) received during their previous years of enrollment at Georgia Tech. However, the total award will not exceed the current cost of tuition/fees/books*. Room & Board costs are not included in Degree Completion Aid. Students receiving Degree Completion Aid are required to work for the GTAA to receive such aid. You must perform satisfactorily each semester (school AND work) to receive your aid for current and subsequent semesters.
|Student-athletes are subject to the additonal following requirements|
Application deadlines: (subject to change by Institute)
* Spring - December 1st
* Summer - April 1st
* Fall - July 1st
2. All students requesting GTAA aid must apply and be approved for "reimbursement" aid by the GTAA at least one month prior to enrollment. Additional GTAA aid requirements:
3. Comply with all NCAA and ACC rules.
4. Follow all Georgia Tech academic policies.
5. Attend all scheduled classes.
5. Forfeit reimbursement of all payments if he/she withdraws from school.
6. Forfeit reimbursement of corresponding payments if he/she fails a class.
7. Enroll in courses that are applicable to his/her degree; otherwise, have prior approval from the Degree Completion Coordinator or Associate A.D. Student Services.
8. Not be currently under contract with or paid by a professional sports organization.
9. Have no remaining athletic eligibility.
10. Perform a combination of work-study and outreach duties, totaling up to 10-12 hours per week, as required.
11. Not have been involved previously in academic dishonesty or violations of Institute or GTAA policies.