2017 Jackets Summer Baseball Report: Week Six
Georgia Tech baseball has a number of guys playing across the nation this summer
THE FLATS - A handful of Yellow Jackets continue to compete in a number of collegiate wooden bat leagues across the country this summer.
Here is a complete list of where the Jackets are playing this summer:
Alaska Baseball League
- Micah Carpenter, Anchorage Bucs - Has pitched in eight games, making three starts. He is 1-1 with two saves, a 2.80 ERA and 18 strikeouts over 25.2 innings pitched. He was named to the American All-Star Team for the 2017 Alaska Baseball League All-Star Game.
- Robert Winborne, Anchorage Bucs - Has appeared in 16 games out of the bullpen, recording two wins and two saves. He is 2-1 on the summer with two saves, a 1.62 ERA and 18 strikeouts over 16.2 innings on the mound. He was named to the American All-Star Team for the 2017 Alaska Baseball League All-Star Game.
Cape Cod Baseball League
- Joey Bart, Harwich Mariners - Stepped away from the Mariners to play with the USA Baseball team as part of their training camp roster with a chance to earn a spot on their Collegiate National Team. For the Mariners, he has played in eight games and is hitting .167 (5-for-30) with two doubles, a walk, an RBI and a run scored. He has also been hit by a pitch twice.
Coastal Plain League
- Jake Lee, Holly Springs Salamanders - Has made five starts on the summer, which includes a complete game win. He is 2-1 with a 6.00 ERA and 26 strikeouts in 24.0 innings of action.
- Brandt Stallings, Lexington County Blowfish - Made the transition from the Cape Cod League to the Coastal Plain League in the first week of July. Is hitting .100 (2-for-20) in eight games with the Blowfish. He is also 3-for-3 in the stolen base department.
- Connor Thomas, Lexington County Blowfish - Has made five starts on the mound and appeared in six games overall for the Blowfish. The lefty is 1-3 with a 6.44 ERA. He has struck out 41 batters in 29.1 innings of work.
- Austin Wilhite, Lexington County Blowfish - Made his debut in early July for the Blowfish. Hitting .182 (4-for-22) with a double, three walks, two RBIs and three runs scored in seven games played. On July 3, he made the Sportscenter Top 10 with this play (click here).
Florida Collegiate Summer League
- Paxton Rigby, Altamonte Springs Scorpions - Has played in 22 games. He is hitting .102 (5-for-49) with a double, 15 walks, six RBIs, and five runs scored.
- Andy Archer, Green Bay Bullfrogs - Has appeared in four games this summer, making three starts on the mound for the Bullfrogs. He is 0-1 with a 3.60 ERA and has struck out 11 batters in 15.0 innings of work.
- Garrett Gooden, Green Bay Bullfrogs - After pitching in three games out of the bullpen with the Lexington Blowfish, posting a 2.45 ERA and three strikeouts over 3.2 innings of relief work, he has moved on to play for the Bullfrogs. He has appeared in two games and has posted a 6.23 ERA while striking out three batters over 4.1 innings of relief work for the Northwoods League team.
Sunbelt Baseball League
- Jonathan Hughes, Brookhaven Bucks - Has made five starts on the mound for the Bucks. He is 2-3 with a 6.63 ERA and has registered 11 strikeouts in 19.0 innings of action.
- Xzavion Curry, Brookhaven Bucks - He is hitting .295 (18-for-61) in 19 games. He has a home run, one double, nine walks, five RBIs and nine runs scored on the summer. Has not pitched for the Bucks. Was named to the Sunbelt Baseball League East All-Star team.
- Kyle McCann, Norcross Astros - Played in 16 games for the Harrisonburg Turks before moving to the Norcross Astros in July. For the Astros, he is hitting .071 (1-for-14) with a double, a walk, and two RBIs over four games.
- Brenton Sanders, Purcellville Cannons - After 11 games with Harrisonburg Turks, he moved to the Purcellville Cannons where he is hitting .241 (7-for-29) with a double, five RBIs and three runs scored.
Sunbelt Baseball League
- Jake Brace, Brookhaven Bucks - He has made six starts on the summer, including one complete game. He leads the team with 36.1 innings pitched. He is 3-3 with a 1.48 ERA and has struck out 27 batters. Was named to the Sunbelt Baseball League East All-Star team.
- Cameron Turley, Brookhaven Bucks - Has played in 12 games, going 5-for-32 (.156) with three runs scored and one RBI.