Georgia Tech's all-time sacks leader goes 50th overall to San Diego; Thomas to Patriots, Watts to Vikings
Pro Day was a golden opportunity to shine for NFL Scouts
Two Yellow Jackets to display skills in prestigious all-star game
The Jackets played in a bowl game for the 17th consecutive season
Yellow Jacket senior DE earns third-team All-American honors from Associated Press, CBS
Check out this interview between Georgia Tech junior linebacker Jeremiah Attaochu and the voice of the Yellow Jackets Wes Durham as we countdown to kickoff the 2012 football season.
Georgia Tech vs. Georgia
Pittsburgh @ Georgia Tech
Georgia Tech Falls to Virginia Tech In Whiteout Game, 17-10
Elon @ Georgia Tech - 8/31/2013
2012 ACC Championship (Photos by Danny Karnik)
* 2013 Third Team All-American (AP)
* 2013 Third Team All-American (CBS)
* 2013 Fourth Team All-American (Phil Steele)
* 2013 Honorable Mention All-American (SI.com)
* 2013 First Team All-ACC (Coaches)
* 2013 First Team All-ACC (TSN)
* 2013 Second Team All-ACC (ACSMA)
* 2013 Second Team All-ACC (Phil Steele)
* 2013 Reese's Senior Bowl Inivitee
* 2013 College All-Star Bowl Invitee
* 2013 Athlon ACC Defensive Player of the Week (11.30)
* 2013 ACC Defensive Lineman of the Week (11.30)
* 2013 Bronco Nagurski Trophy Preseason Watch List
* 2013 Lombardi Award Preseason Watch List
* 2013 Butkus Award Preseason Watch List
* 2013 Chuck Bednarik Award Preseason Watch List
* 2013 Preseason First Team All-ACC (Phil Steele)
* 2013 Preseason Second Team All-ACC (Athlon)
* 2012 Honorable Mention All-ACC (media)
* 2012 Honorable Mention All-ACC (coaches)
* 2012 Third Team All-ACC (Phil Steele)
* 2012 ACC Linebacker of the Week (11/5/12)
* 2012 Rotary Lombardi Preseason Watch List
* 2012 Preseason First Team All-ACC (Blue Ribbon)
* 2012 Preseason Second Team All-ACC (Athlon)
* 2012 Preseason Second Team All-ACC (Phil Steele)
* 2012 Preseason Third Team All-ACC (Lindy's)
* 2011 Honorable Mention All-ACC
* 2011 Third Team All-ACC (Phil Steele)
* 2011 Bronko Nagurski Watch List
* 2011 ESPN Gameday Helmet Sticker (9/24)
* 2011 ACC Linebacker of the Week (9/26)
* 2011 FWAA National Player of the Week (9/27)
In The Tech Record Books
* 1st career sacks (31.5) * 1st career sack yards (226) * t-4th season sacks (12.5, 2013) * 6th career tackles for loss (43.5) * t-8th season sacks (10.0, 2012) * 11th career tackles by a lineman (196)
In The ACC Record Books
* 5th career sacks (31.5)
One of Georgia Tech's all-time greats on the defensive side of the ball... recorded more career sacks (31.5) than any player in Yellow Jacket history... won multiple individual awards including All-American in 2013... played defensive end as a senior after playing outside linebacker in the 3-4 in 2011 and 2012... played for three different defensive coordinators... one of the top pass-rushers in ACC history... a classic edge-type defender... is tall, long and rangy with good speed.... voted by teammates as one of the "most likely to be an NFL star."
2013 (senior): Earned All-American honors from two different sources... named first team All-ACC by the coaches and second team All-ACC by the media... invited to play in the Senior Bowl... his 12.5 sacks tied for the fourth-most in Georgia tech history... was on preseason watch list for four national individual defensive awards -- the Nagurski, Lombardi, Butkus and Bednarik... played and started in all 13 games... recorded his first sack of the season vs. North Carolina (Sept. 21) and his pressure on Tar Heel quarterbacks was instrumental in Tech's come-from-behind victory... had two sacks and forced a fumble at Virginia (Oct. 26)... registered four solo tackles, three tackles for loss and two sacks vs. Pittsburgh (Nov. 2)... sacked Clemson quarterback Tajh Boyd two times in a nationally-televised game (Nov. 14)... recorded a career-high four sacks and had eight tackles and a pass break-up vs. Georgia (Nov. 30)... his half-sack vs. Ole Miss in the Music City Bowl gave him 31.5 for his career, breaking Georgia Tech's all-time record.
2012 (junior): Played and started in 13 games... missed the Middle Tennessee State game with an injury... an honorable mention All-ACC selection... registered 69 tackles, including 44 solo tackles... his 10.0 sacks tied for the seventh-most single-season sacks in Georgia Tech history... also had 12 tackles for loss, one fumble caused and one fumble recovered... recorded 10 tackles and a half-sack in the season opener at Virginia Tech (Sept. 3)... had a career-high 13 tackles and added 1.5 sacks at Clemson (Oct. 6)... matched a career high with 3.0 sacks, forced a fumble and recovered a fumble in the win at Maryland (Nov. 3)... registered nine tackles, including six solo tackles, and had 2.0 sacks in the ACC Championship Game vs. Florida State (Dec. 1).
2011 (sophomore): An honorable mention All-ACC selection... played in 11 games and started 10 times... missed the Maryland and Virginia games with an injury... led the team, ranked fifth in the ACC and 54th nationally in sacks (6.0)... led the team, ranked sixth in the ACC and 66th nationally in tackles for loss (11.5)... ranked third on the team in total tackles (59).. also had one interception, two pass break-ups and one fumble recovery... had five tackles, one sack and a fumble recovery in the season opener vs. Western Carolina... recorded nine tackles, a then-career-best 3.0 sacks and forced a fumble in a key home win over North Carolina (Sept. 24)... had six tackles and a tackle for loss at NC State (Oct. 1)... returned from a two-game absence at Miami (Oct. 22) and responded with five solo tackles and his first career interception... registered a career-high 10 tackles to go with 2.5 TFLs and a sack vs. Virginia Tech (Nov. 10)... sacked Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray (Nov. 26)... closed out sophomore year with seven tackles, 3.0 tackles for loss and a forced fumble vs. Utah in the Hyundai Sun Bowl (Dec. 31).
2010 (true freshman): Played in 12 games and started in the Independence Bowl... finished the year with 23 tackles (18 solo tackles), 4.0 tackles for loss, 3.0 sacks and one quarterback hurry... recorded three tackles, including a tackle for loss, vs. NC State (Sept. 25)... had two tackles and a sack in the win over Virginia (Oct. 9)... registered sacks in each of the final two games of the regular season -- vs. Duke (Nov. 20) and at Georgia (Nov. 27)... had a career-high six tackles, including five solo tackles, in the Independence Bowl.
High School: Archbishop Carroll HS... rated the 17th-best prospect in the mid-Atlantic region (Superprep)... had 118 tackles and 14 sacks as a senior... recorded four touchdowns as a senior by blocking kicks or returning fumbles... played three seasons of varsity football as a linebacker and defensive end... served two years as team captain... recorded five sacks in one game.
Personal: Originally from Nigeria.... born Jan. 17, 1993 in Ibadan, Nigeria... full name is Jeremiah Ajimaoso Attaochu... son of Paul and Comfort... has three siblings -- Glory, Samuel and David... began playing football in ninth grade because "I got tired of just watching it."... majoring in science, technology and culture.
Tackles: 13 at Clemson, Oct. 6, 2012
Solo Tackles: 8 at Clemson, Oct. 6, 2012
TFL: 4.0, vs. Georgia, Nov. 30, 2013
Sacks: 4.0, vs. Georgia, Nov. 30, 2013
FR: 1, twice, last at Maryland, Nov. 3, 2012
PB: 1, five times, last vs. Georgia, Nov. 30, 2013
INTS: 1 at Miami, Oct. 22, 2011