THE FLATS -- Georgia Tech women's basketball will honor its five seniors prior to tip Thursday night against Miami. Tip is slated for 7 p.m. on RSN, locally on Fox Sports South.
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (16-11, 5-9 ACC) vs MIAMI (19-8, 9-5 ACC)
Georgia Tech Game Notes | Miami Game Notes
TV: RSN, Fox Sports South; WHERE TO WATCH
-First 200 fans will receive a Gold Out t-shirt
STARTING FIVE AGAINST MIAMI
1. Georgia Tech plays its final regular season home game of the 2017-18 season on Thursday, hosting Miami for Senior Night. Tip is slated for 7 p.m. on RSN.
2. The Jackets and Hurricanes have met 28 times in program history with Miami taking the series lead last season, picking up a pair of wins for a 15-13 edge.
3. The Jackets will recognize their five seniors on Thursday prior to tip: Breanna Brown, Elo Edeferioka, Zaire O'Neil, Antonia Peresson and Imani Tilford.
4. Georgia Tech is led in scoring this season by Francesca Pan who is averaging 13.4 points per game. Elo Edeferioka continues to lead the Jackets on the boards, pulling down 6.7 rpg.
5. Head coach MaChelle Joseph is in her 15th season on The Flats and carries an all-time career record of 290-188. Joseph is the all-time winningest coach in program history and holds the highest winning percentage in Yellow Jacket history at 60.9 percent.
A WIN WOULD....
-Be the first win over Miami since 2014 and snap a four-game skid to the Hurricanes
-Closeout the regular season at home with a 13-3 record
-Mark the second straight ACC win for Tech
-Mark the 291st win of Coach Joseph's career
-Be the 666th all-time program win in Georgia Tech women's basketball history and move the Yellow Jackets to 666-615 overall
Georgia Tech and Miami first met in 1980 and have faced each other 28 times since then with the Hurricanes leading the all-time series, 15-13. Miami enters Thursday's matchup having taken the last four meetings between the foes dating back to 2015. Tech last defeated Miami on Feb. 9, 2014 in Miami and last picked up a win over Miami at home on Feb. 24, 2013. The Hurricanes have taken eight of the past 10 matchups, including two last season, winning in Miami and again in the ACC Tournament. The Jackets narrowly lead the all-time series in Atlanta, 5-4. Miami and Tech last faced each other in the second round of the ACC Tournament last season in Conway, S.C. Four different Jackets posted double-figure scoring numbers but it wasn't enough to overcome a Miami squad that shot 63.8 percent (37-58) from the field. Miami collected 37 points off its bench and 44 points in the paint.