Jackets Close Regular Season at No. 17 Miami Sunday
Georgia Tech women's basketball faces Miami Sunday at 1 p.m.
MIAMI, Fla. -- The Georgia Tech women's basketball team closes out the regular season on Sunday at Miami. The Hurricanes and Jackets tipoff at 1 p.m. on RSN. Fans can watch locally in Atlanta on Fox Sports South.
THE STARTING FIVE...
1. Georgia Tech and Miami meet for the lone time this season on Sunday. Fans can listen live on WREK 91.1/WREK.org or watch on Fox Sports South.
2. Miami has taken the last two meetings between the teams to even the all-time series to 13-13. The Hurricanes lead the series when competing in Miami 8-5. Tech last won in Miami on Feb. 9, 2014 by an 89-87 decision.
3. Georgia Tech capped the regular season at home on Thursday avenging an earlier loss to Clemson, defeating the Tigers 72-58 in McCamish Pavilion on Senior Night. Seniors Cha'Ron Sweeney and Katarina Vuckovic were honored prior to tip.
4. For the 10th time this season, Tech had four or more Jackets score in double-figures and third consecutive contest. Elo Edeferioka tied her career-high against the Tigers with 17 points.
5. Head coach MaChelle Joseph is in her 14th season on The Flats and carries an all-time career record of 268-174. Joseph is the all-time winningest coach in program history and holds the highest winning percentage in Yellow Jacket history at 61.4 percent.
A WIN WOULD...
-Close the regular season with Georgia Tech owning a 17-12 record on the season and 6-10 in the ACC
-Give Georgia Tech the edge in the all-time series, 14-13
-Be the third consecutive ACC win of the season - marking the longest ACC win streak for the Jackets this season
-Mark the first win in Miami since 2014 and move the all-time series in Miami to 8-6 in favor of the Hurricanes
-Mark Coach Joseph's 268th career win at Georgia Tech and give Georgia Tech its 643rd all-time program win
LAST TIME THEY MET
The Jackets and Hurricanes met in McCamish Pavilion last February with Miami capturing the decision 58-55. Tech dominated Miami on the boards, outrebounding the Hurricanes 46-30, as both Roddreka Rogers and Aaliyah Whiteside posted double-doubles. The Jackets also posted a 13-of-21 performance at the charity stripe compared to Miami's 9-of-16 effort, but the Hurricanes shot 44.9 percent (22-49) from the field, including a 5-of-15 effort from three-point range, to secure the win. With Tech's rebounding dominance, the Jackets converted 21 offensive boards into 22 second chance points.
LAST TIME OUT
Georgia Tech closed the regular season at home with a 72-58 victory over Clemson on Thursday. Senior Katarina Vuckovic posted 12 points in her final collegiate game of her career and was one of four Jackets to reach double-figures. Despite no one reaching double-figure rebounding numbers, Tech won the battle on the glass, 39-33. Elo Edeferioka nearly missed a double-double with 17 points and nine rebounds. The Jackets secured 19 offensive rebounds, converting the boards into 21 second chance points. Clemson posted five second chance points. Tech held Clemson to 18 first-half points, marking the lowest offensive total by an opponent in the first half the season.