THE FLATS -- Postseason play continues for the Georgia Tech women's basketball team on Sunday, welcoming UAB for a 2 p.m. tipoff in McCamish Pavilion.
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (19-13) vs UAB (27-6)
Georgia Tech Game Notes | UAB Game Notes
-First 250 fans will receive a FREE t-shirt
-A flat screen TV will be raffled off for all fans that register at the marketing table
-Tiff's Treats available pregame for the first 100 fans
STARTING FIVE AGAINST UAB
1. For the fourth-straight season, Georgia Tech has advanced to the second round of the WNIT. Tech will host UAB in round two on Sunday in McCamish Pavilion.
2. The Jackets and Blazers meet for the sixth time in program history and first since 2005 on Sunday. Tech is making its fourth-straight appearance in the WNIT and eighth overall. Through seven postseason WNIT appearances, the Jackets own a 13-6 record.
3. Last season, Tech advanced to the WNIT championship game, meeting Michigan. The Jackets fell in the championship in triple overtime.
4. In round one, both Lorela Cubaj and Zaire O'Neil posted double-doubles against Bethune-Cookman. Cubaj recorded a career-night with 17 points and 13 rebounds.
5. Head coach MaChelle Joseph is in her 15th season on The Flats and carries an all-time career record of 293-190. Joseph is the all-time winningest coach in program history and holds the highest winning percentage in Yellow Jacket history at 60.9 percent.
A WIN WOULD....
-Move the all-time record against UAB to 6-1
-Advance the Jackets to the third round of the WNIT where they would face the winner of the UCF/Alabama matchup
-Move the Jackets to 14-6 overall when competing in the WNIT
-Mark the 294th win of Coach Joseph's career
-Be the 669th all-time program win in Georgia Tech women's basketball history and move the Yellow Jackets to 669-617 overall
Georgia Tech and UAB first met in 1986 and have met six times in program history with the Jackets leading the series, 5-1. The foes, however, have not met since the 2005-06 season. Tech leads the series in Atlanta, 3-0, and has not fallen to the Blazers since a 91-72 setback on Nov. 23, 1991, having taken the past two meetings. UAB claimed the C-USA regular season title and reached the C-USA tournament championship game, but fell to WKU. The Blazers have three players averaging 10-plus points this season.