Basketball Closes Homestand Hosting Appalachian State on Sunday
Georgia Tech women's basketball wraps up this four-game homestand on Sunday at 2 p.m.
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (8-1) vs. Appalachian State Mountaineers (4-4)
Georgia Tech Game Notes | Appalachian State Game Notes
Radio: WREK 91.1
THE FLATS -- Georgia Tech women's basketball wraps up this four-game homestand on Sunday welcoming Appalachian State to McCamish Pavilion for a 2 p.m. tip.
THE STARTING FIVE...
1. Georgia Tech wraps up this four-game homestand welcoming Appalachian State to McCamish Pavilion for the first time since 2005. Fans can listen live on WREK 91.1/WREK.org.
2. Georgia Tech and App State last met in 2006 in Boone, N.C. The Yellow Jackets have taken the past six decisions over the Mountaineers after dropping the first meeting in program history back in 1988. Tech leads the all-time series 3-1 when competing in Atlanta.
3. Georgia Tech moved to 8-1 on the season after defeating Mercer on Wednesday 70-50. Three Yellow Jackets scored in double-figures led by Imani Tilford with 15 points. Tilford has now reached double-figure scoring numbers in the last five contests.
4. Freshman Francesca Pan is averaging a team-best 11.6 points per game and has started all nine contests. Pan became the first freshmen since the 2013-14 season to score 25+ points in game when she did so against Dayton this season.
5. Head coach MaChelle Joseph is in her 14th season on The Flats and carries an all-time career record of 260-163. Joseph is the all-time winningest coach in program history and holds the highest winning percentage in Yellow Jacket history at 60.9 percent.
A WIN WOULD...
-Move Georgia Tech to 9-1 on the season and push its home record to 6-1 -Improve Tech's record to 7-1 over Appalachian State and push its win streak to seven straight against the Mountaineers
-Push Tech's non-conference record under Joseph to 148-40
-Mark Coach Joseph's 261st career win at Georgia Tech and give Georgia Tech its 636th all-time program win
LAST TIME THEY MET
The Yellow Jackets and Mountaineers meet for the first time since the 2006-07 season on Sunday. Georgia Tech has taken the past six decisions, including the last meeting on Nov. 14, 2006 in Boone, N.C. Three Yellow Jackets reached double-figures led by Chioma Nnamaka, now a current member on staff, with 22 points. Both teams recored 20+ turnovers in the contest as Tech converted ASU's 25 miscues into 35 points. GT shot 49.1 percent from the field in the win, while ASU shot 32.1 percent.
LAST TIME OUT
Georgia Tech captured its fifth win at home this season and second straight with a 70-50 victory over Mercer on Wednesday. Three Yellow Jackets reached double-figures led by Imani Tilford with 15 points. Chelsea Guimaraes led the Jackets on the glass with eight rebounds as Georgia Tech won the battle on the glass, 47-26. Tech tied its season-high for the second straight game hitting 10 three-pointers fueled by three each from Antonia Peresson and Imani Tilford (career-high). Despite committing a season-high 25 turnovers, Tech outscored the Bears in the paint 24-4 for the victory.