Yellow Jackets Visit Alabama for Saturday Tilt
Tip in Tuscaloosa is slated for 3 p.m. EST on Saturday
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (9-1) at Alabama (8-1)
Georgia Tech Game Notes | Alabama Game Notes
Radio: WREK 91.1
THE FLATS -- Georgia Tech women's basketball hits the road after a four-game homestand, visiting Alabama for a tilt on Saturday at 3 p.m. EST in Tuscaloosa.
THE STARTING FIVE...
1. After wrapping up a four-game homestand, Georgia Tech hits the road for a Saturday matchup at Alabama. Fans can listen live on WREK 91.1/WREK.org or watch on SECN+.
2. Georgia Tech and Alabama renewed a series history last season, meeting for the first time in 23 years. Tech captured its first win over Alabama in program history last season, moving the all-time series record to 3-1 in favor of the Crimson Tide.
3. Georgia Tech moved to 9-1 on the season after defeating Appalachian State on Sunday 81-52. Four Yellow Jackets scored in double-figures led by a career-high 17 points from Cha'Ron Sweeney. Elo Edeferioka added her first double-double of the season behind 11 points and 10 rebounds.
4. With her streak of scoring performances, junior Imani Tilford is tied for the team lead in scoring, averaging 11.2 ppg alongside Francesca Pan.
5. Head coach MaChelle Joseph is in her 14th season on The Flats and carries an all-time career record of 261-163. Joseph is the all-time winningest coach in program history and holds the highest winning percentage in Yellow Jacket history at 60.9 percent.
A WIN WOULD...
-Move Georgia Tech to 10-1 on the season and push its true road record to 2-0-Mark just the second win over Alabama in program history and move its win streak to two straight over the Crimson Tide
-Push Tech's non-conference record under Joseph to 149-40
-Mark Coach Joseph's 262nd career win at Georgia Tech and give Georgia Tech its 637th all-time program win
LAST TIME THEY MET
The Yellow Jackets recorded their first win over the Crimson Tide nearly a year ago to date last season in McCamish Pavilion. Returners Antonia Peresson and Katarina Vuckovic both posted double-figures as Peresson led all scorers with 17 points on 5-of-10 shooting from three-point range. Vuckovic chipped in 13 points and was one of three Yellow Jackets to score in double-figures in the win. Tech shot 41.3 percent from the field and connected on 12 three-pointers to fuel the Jackets to victory. Alabama won the rebounding battle, 44-31, and outscored GT in the paint, 30-18.
LAST TIME OUT
Georgia Tech captured its sixth win at home this season and third straight with an 81-52 win over Appalachian State last Sunday, moving its win streak over the Mountaineers to seven straight. Four Yellow Jackets pitched in double-figure scoring numbers as Tech set a program record hitting 14 three-pointers in the contest. Both Antonia Peresson and Cha'Ron Sweeney hit five triples in the game as five different Yellow Jackets connected from long distance to set the record. Redshirt-junior Elo Edeferioka notched her first double-double as a Yellow Jacket behind 11 points and 10 rebounds.