Tech Travels to Miami and No. 17 Florida State
Yellow Jackets travel to Miami and Florida State; both on ESPN3
|GT Match Notes • 2015 Media Guide|
|Georgia Tech (11-3, 2-0 ACC) at Miami (7-5, 0-2 ACC)
Friday, Oct. 2 • 6 p.m. • Coral Gables, Fla.
|Live Stats • Watch: ESPN3
|At No. 17 Florida State (9-4, 2-0 ACC)
Sunday, Oct. 4 • 1 p.m. • Tallahassee, Fla.
|Live Stats • Watch: ESPN3|
THE FLATS – The Georgia Tech volleyball team (11-3, 2-0 ACC) hits the road for a pair of ACC matches in the Sunshine State this weekend. The Jackets take on Miami (7-5, 0-2) on Friday at 6 p.m. and then travel to Tallahassee for a 1 p.m. Sunday matchup against the No. 17 Florida State Seminoles (9-4, 2-0). Both matches will air on ESPN3.
- The Jackets are looking to break Miami’s 5-0 perfect home record and a six-game losing streak against the Hurricanes. It would be Georgia Tech’s first win against the Hurricanes since Oct. 16, 2011.
- The Yellow Jackets’ last win against the Seminoles came on Oct. 4, 2013 when Georgia Tech upset the No. 18-ranked Seminoles, 3-1, in Atlanta.
- London Ackermann eclipsed the 1,000-career dig milestone in the five-set thriller victory against Boston College.
- Teegan Van Gunst (207 kills), Annika Van Gunst (127) and Sydney Wilson (128) are producing 64.7% of Tech’s offense.
- The Yellow Jackets have 26 solo stuffs compared to the competition’s 12 solo blocks.